Becoming a member
Membership to the Italian Headache Society for the Study of Headaches is open to anyone who is professionally interested in headache disorders and willing to operate according to the objectives of the Society and has a university degree in Medicine or other Degree.
Complete the online membership application or, alternatively, print the form and send it along with your curriculum vitae (max 300 words) by fax to 075 578 4229.
The application will be evaluated by the SISC Executive Committee and following approval, a letter of acceptance will be sent to the applicant with instructions regarding the payment of the membership fee, which for the year 2018 is € 80 for Ordinary Members and € 40 for Junior Members (under 35 years of age). Junior members are required to send a copy of a valid identity card.
Only after payment is received will the information concerning the applicant be included in the members database.
As a member you will receive:
- An official certificate of membership.
- Up-to-date information on SISC meetings and other scientitic activities.
- Reduced registration fees for courses of the Interdisciplinary School of Advanced Education in Headache.
- Access (July 1, 2018 to Decembre 31, 2018) to the online CME Course - Headache: diagnosis and therapy - 10 CME credits.
- Discount on the International Headache Society Online-only membership fee: € 85 instead of € 105. Discount for Junior Members € 25 for “1-year online-only membership". Junior Members have to be within 7 years of completing their initial training (e.g. MD, PhD). "Standard Junior Membership is € 50 (includes printed copy of Cephalalgia). For further information: IHS membership 2018 - discount offer.
- Discount on the International Society for the History of Medicine (ISHM) membership fee: € 50, valid for 2 years, instead of the annual fee of € 50. For further information: ISHM membership 2018 – discount offer.
- Unrestricted access to the SISC web site.
- Members are entitled to partecipate in scientific studies coordinated by SISC.
- Members can request SISC accreditation of their headache facility and be promoted on the Society’s website.